Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baby Pictures!




We got to have another ultrasound today! We feel really blessed that, at nine weeks, we've already gotten to see the baby twice! We hope that trend continues! Last time, the baby just looked like a blob, but today "he" looked like a gummy bear! The heartbeat is strong, and it's so good to hear that little sound! Today we officially graduated from the Center for Reproductive Medicine, and I see my OBGYN for the first time in two weeks! They gave me this great tote bag full of cool stuff, including a teddy bear! I joked that I guess you get stuff like that when you pay so much for your baby! Actually, we were blessed and could have had to pay a lot more!
I'm doing well overall. I've definitely had some times when I felt yucky, but I know it could be worse. I'm definitely tired all the time! Dan asks sometimes how I know I'm tired from pregnancy because it's normal for me to be tired! But believe me, I know! We're just so excited to be having a baby! It gets a little more real every day!
That's the big stuff in our lives. We had a fun time with Dan's family celebrating his sister, Megan's birthday on Sunday. She's getting to bond a lot with my parents now that she's attending NGU! She gets homesick for down here, and when she's at my parent's house, I get homesick for there! But I'm so glad she has a home away from home!
Well, that's about it for now!




2 comments:

caroline and mike said...

congratulations dan and holly!!!
dan thanks for the update mike and i are super excited for you guys and i love it that you have a blog....which i will now be checking regularly. we also have a blog www.smithupdate.blogspot.com anyway, i hope to meet you sometime holly and alli ....of course. we're still in CT waiting on God to lead us to our next adventure as i just graduated PA school. it was great hearing from you!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you got to see another picture of your beautiful baby! I LOVE that you thought he/she looked like a gummy bear in this one. It made me laugh out loud! Also, I guess I need to call someone at the adoption agency, because we sho' didn't get a goody bag when our kids came home!! : )

Love, Abby