Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not Much of a Blogger!









I guess I'll just never be much of a blogger!  It's really not that I don't have time.  I waste plenty of time each day just wasting time online, but I think it's that sometimes I don't have the mental energy to blog.  I also think that I overwhelm myself since I tend to be long winded about everything!

We're doing very well!  Andrew is so big!  He's walking and sort of running everywhere!  He's saying lots of words.  One phrase he loves right now is, "All gone!"  He says this immediately after he throws whatever he's holding onto the ground.  He's been getting so many teeth lately.  I've lost count, but it's definitely challenging for him to have that many teeth, particularly four molars, coming in at the same time!  Overall, I think he handles it well, but I do sometimes call him "Molar Andrew" when he's quite a grumpus! 

On the mommy front, I've been quite blessed to develop a little "mommy's club."  I mean, I didn't start it, but I'm happy to be a part of it.  My friends Jancey and Leesa both have babies Andrew's age - Jackson and Sydney.  They are now the three musketeers!  We get together and play at Jancey's pool or at the local Splash Park, and it's fun for them and for us.  Now, Andrew, always a daredevil and handful, has no fear, even at the pool.  I have to be very careful with him because he just wants to keep getting out, running to the other end, and get back in, whether or not I'm there.  I definitely need to sign him up for some kind of swim class!  He definitely loves to be outside, and they only way to do that this time of year is to be near some water!  I'm so blessed to have friends to play with (for both of us!)!

We had a great trip to Calgary last month!  I, of course, meant to post on here all about that, but never did, so I wont' go into detail.  I will include some pictures from that time.  It was great to see the beautiful city surrounded by the Rockies.  And we went for a day to Banff and Lake Louise, which were, by far, some of the most beautiful places I've every seen!  It was a blessing to go to my parents' church and meet some of the sweet people there.  There is no question that they are right where God wants them to be.  While I miss them very much, I'm so thankful that they are following him!  

Hmmm...what else?  Well, next month, Dan and I are officially getting on the Dave Ramsey train!  We have both read Total Money Makeover, and we're ready to "live like no one else so that later we can live like no one else!"  We're both ready for the journey to being debt free and hopeful for the positive message that will send to our children as they grow up.  We know it won't be easy to be on a tight budget for a while, but we're excited for the adventure it will be!  Have any of you done the Dave Ramsey thing?  I'd love to hear about it if you have!

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I mentioned earlier this year that my word for the year has been contentment.  God is teaching me a lot about this word this year, and I love what I'm learning.  I see the positive effects in many areas of my life!  It makes me think, though:  I can't believe this year is almost half way over!  


1 comment:

The Milne Family said...

We did the Crown Financial Ministries class at church which was great! I hope you get alot out of your Dave Ramsey class!

I love looking at the blogs! Keep the pictures coming!