Monday, September 28, 2009

Three months, huh?

It has been over three months since the last time I updated my blog. I have accepted the fact that I will never do this regularly. But one of the thing that hold me back is pictures. I always feel like I should have pictures to include, but I don't like the hassle of adding pictures! Plus, we haven't taken any this month, so there all "old" from the summer. I guess I can come up with all kinds of excuses.

So, our big news is that we're expecting Baby Rock #2! Finding out I'm pregnant was such an amazing blessing! For those of you who may not have been following us at the time, we went through a long two and a half year process to have Andrew and ended up having IUI, which worked the first time and produced Andrew! We had talked about doing that again around the time that Andrew turned one, but when the time came, we realized that, though we were ready to be pregnant again, it just wasn't a wise time financially to spend that kind of money! The cool thing was that both of us were at peace about that. In the mean time, we just prayed that things just might happen naturally, and sure enough, they did! When I took a pregnancy test in the end of June, part of me was shocked and part of me already felt like I knew! We ended up having a couple of nervous weeks because, at our first ultrasound, there was no heartbeat! It turned out we were just a little off in our timing, so when we went back, there it was! I'm now almost 18 weeks, and it's going so fast! I've felt pretty well overall. We are very suspicious that we're having a boy after an ultrasound at 15 weeks, but we'll have that confirmed in a couple of weeks.

Being pregnant while handling a toddler is certainly a different ball game. It's better now, but I was so tired during that first trimester, which was also the time when I was trying to figure out Andrew's nap schedule since two were not working for him any more! The other problem is colds! I was incredibly lucky and didn't have a single cold when I was pregnant with Andrew! I've now already had at least two with this baby, and the latest has been a doozie! Andrew just picks up so much, and I can't fight it off when he gets something. I'm sure this one won't be the last! I just hope there is no flu in my future!

Andrew is growing so much! I can't believe he's 18 months old. He's tall - like a head taller than most of the kids his age. He's also really mechanical. He wants to take everything apart and try to put it back together. He's not as verbal as some of our friends, but I'm sure that will come. He can say a lot of words, but right now he just chooses not to much of the time. But he really likes music and he loves to sing! He is a sweet boy and very good in some ways, but he's also very stubborn, throws big tantrums, and has recently started hitting me when he gets frustrated. We're using all the wisdom we can find to nip that stuff in the bud. We always appreciate advice from others who have been there! I sure do love him! We have a lot of fun and do everything we can to stay busy! Andrew loves his Fridays with his Gigi (Dan's mom) when I work. And he was so excited this month to have separate visits from Dub and Mimi!

Well, that's enough for now, I suppose. We have certainly had a great summer, and I'm so glad now that it's fall. I just wish it felt like fall down here! Andrew and I survived a trip on our own to SC and enjoyed visiting Ross, Heather, and Zach and my friend Melanie and her family! We also got a visit ourselves from Ross's family, and had a fun time with Dan's family at the beach. I'll include a few pictures from those events since those are the last pictures I've taken!







1 comment: