Monday, April 30, 2007

Day at Animal Kingdom

We haven't had too much excitement to report lately. I told my friend, Melanie, on the phone yesterday that I prefer to post when I have pictures because it's more fun, but of course, we don't take pictures every day!

Anyway, things are just business as usual around here. Things have slowed down a little bit at work for me, which is good because it's giving me a chance to catch up.

Congratulations to my parents, who are in the process of moving in to their new house! I can't wait to see it, but unfortunately that probably won't be until July. Mom, remember to send me pictures!!! Then I can put them on here. I know it's so beautiful, and it will be a great place to get away (as if going to Mom and Dad's wasn't already)!

So, to the weekend. We have annual passes to Disney World! I know, I know, you're jealous. OK, maybe some of you are. Anyway, that is one of my consolations for living far far away in steamy Orlando. I love Disney, so we find a way to fork over the money for passes every year to keep me happy! Actually, it's a good thing for us to have because we have people coming into town to go to Disney pretty often. With our passes, it's easy to go out and see them, spend time with them, and play tour guide a little bit.

So on Saturday, we spent the afternoon at Animal Kingdom!
This is a picture of us in front of Expedition Everest, which is a pretty fun roller coaster that goes backwards! We got to ride a few rides, including the Safari, which I love every single time. You ride around in a big "Jeep" and see all kinds of animals. Here's some kind of bull type animal that was very close to us.


After our fun day, we went to Boma restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's an African Buffet, and the food is so good. Plus, the hotel is amazing. It has its own savannah where all kinds of animals roam. We had to wait an hour and a half because we didn't have reservations, but it was worth the wait!
Well, I guess that's it for now!



1 comment:

Page said...

You know I love Disney too...I'm definitely jealous!