Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Weekend Getaway!

Well, even though it was a tough week, it came at the perfect time! Last weekend (actually on Thursday), I flew up to Greer (God bless Allegiant Air that allowed me to fly for $120.00!) to go to a Beth Moore Conference with my mom and sister-in-law, Heather! It was a wonderful weekend.

Actually, the conference was just on Friday night and Saturday morning. So Thursday I got to spend some time with my parents at North Greenville (where my dad works) and, of course, at their mountain house. It's almost done, and I regret that I don't have any pictures. It's so beautiful!

The conference was on persevering through trial and it was based on James 1. I've actually never done a Beth Moore Bible Study, so I was overwhelmed by what an amazing teacher she is. The topic was perfect for me. There are lots of blessings in my life, but there are some pretty big trials too (see last posting), so it was a wonderful reminder for me that God is doing great things! It was also so fun to be with my mom and Heather! The picture below is of us at the conference (with the 17,0o0 other women - lots of control issues in one place)

After the conference, I got to go by Newberry to see my best friend, Melanie and her daughters. She was at her parents house for the weekend because she ran a race that morning. I haven't seen her since last May, so it was wonderful to stop by even though it was a very quick visit. Anna was feeling a little tired, so she was not eager to be in the picture!

After that, we headed to Greenville to meet Chris's family for dinner. We ate at Trio, which is so good. I don't think I've eaten there since before I moved down here. Below are pictures of us at dinner. Haegen Lee and Jake are so cute!









What a beautiful niece I have! After all that, I was very ready to get back home to see Dan, who stayed here for the weekend. He and his brother, Dustin, worked hard doing stuff around the house, which made the weekend doubly good! It was amazing to see all the people I got to see this weekend! I sure do miss SC! There's something so special about it!



3 comments:

Page said...

Your hair is so long! I like it, though. I have the same feelings about SC... I'm glad I live where I live, but there is always something so great about visiting!

stephanie said...

There's just something about the south, huh? (Florida doesn't count...)

Melanie said...

Wow! We really look like we're related by blood and not just Spirit! And, seriously, Hagen Lee looks just like you!

I love you, and I'm praying for the baby God's gonna give you and Dan!