Monday, April 9, 2007

Very Sad News...

Well, today was a big day because Alli had a vet appointment to get a check-up and also an x-ray to find out how many puppies she's having. The vet did her x-ray and came back in to inform me that she's not pregnant! He said she definitely has some external signs, which of course we have been noticing, but she has something called a false pregnancy. I can't really explain it all here, but the bottom line is, no puppies for now.

That news would be very disappointing in and of itself since it's something we have invested a lot in and have really been looking forward to, but it's even harder on top of our own struggles to have a baby. We've been trying now for about two years. It was a good thing that I had the day off today, because I've definitely been doing a lot of grieving.

I know in the bottom of my heart that God is good and faithful, and he's in control of all this stuff. But it's hard to face this kind of disappointment over and over again. Anyway, I'm sure we'll give it another try with Alli when her next heat comes (in five months). I guess we won't have to do all that work with puppies over the next couple of months, which is one bright side!

So just keeping those of you who read this posted!

2 comments:

Page said...

Oh Holly, I'm sorry! I know that must be disappointing!

stephanie said...

We're so sad for you, Holly. Will you try again for puppies? We're looking to breed Jackson. Too bad they're not the same breed.